School: All Host Schools must be an accredited primary or secondary school and be able to offer a temporary full time teaching position in grades Kindergarten through 12th grade.
Written Offer: Host Schools must make a formal written offer for each exchange teacher. The offer must contain; salary, duties, position offered, location and dates (duration; up to 3 years) of program.
Salary: Host schools are required to offer a competitive salary to exchange teachers that is comparable with what an American teacher with the same qualifications and experience would receive.
Additional Host School Responsibilities:
- Participate in the selection process of the teacher candidates.
- Comply with Department of State regulations and requirements of the J-1 Teacher Program.
- Assign participant to a TEMPORARY FULL TIME teaching position.
- Assign a veteran teacher to serve as a mentor of the exchange educator.
- Provide clear expectations and resources to effectively perform the teaching assignment.
- Provide J-1 Teachers the support and professional development needed to facilitate the success of the participating exchange teacher.
- Involve J-1 Teachers in the school and community cultural activities.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT GLOBAL SPONSORSHIP OF YOUR INTERNATIONAL TEACHERS
For more information about the Department of State Bridge J-1Teacher Program, click here.